Protect Yourself And Your Business

Which Fitness/Health Club Insurance Do You Need?

I am an instructor and don't own a facilityI own a fitness or health clubI am not sure yet – Watch Video

CLICK HERE to Start A Quote In Seconds With Ochsner Insurance

Click Here to See 5 Things You Need to Know Before Buying Fitness Club Insurance

Have questions about fitness club insurance?

Check out our frequently asked questions (FAQs) about fitness and health club insurance below.  Feel free to reach out to us and contact us on the form further down on this page if you have any other questions.

What type of insurance do I need?

Honestly, that depends on your operation.  At a bare minimum, most clubs need General Liability to protect them from lawsuits stemming from members and/or guests while they are on your premises; property insurance to cover your building (if you own it), equipment, improvements & betterments you made when moving in to a leased space and business income insurance; if you have employees, you will also need workers’ compensation.  We can guide you in the correct direction during our initial consult, which is free.

How much will it cost?

Pricing is a moving target.  It honestly depends on the size of your club and the services that you offer your clients.  It also depends on the types of coverage you need.  For example, if you only need General Liability, it would cost less than if you need to cover Property and Workers’ Compensation in addition to the General Liability.  With regard to services, a club that does not have a rock climbing wall or tanning services will not be charged as much premium as a club who offers those services simply because there isn’t as much risk for a claim.

Once I contact you, how long will it take for me to receive my quote?

If you are purchasing our liability only product, you can get your quote, pay for your coverage, bind your policy and have it issued immediately online.  If you need to speak with someone regarding property insurance, workers’ compensation, etc. you can have a comprehensive quote in 24 hours or less.  The process is not long and honestly depends on how quickly we can have a conversation with you to get the necessary underwriting information.

Does this policy cover my trainers?

This is an important question because you may have a big exposure and not realize it.  The coverage all boils down to how you treat your trainers.  If they are a true W-2 employee, they are covered.  However, if they are independent contractors, most policies will not afford them coverage and will require that they get their own insurance.  If you are unsure, please make sure you speak with us so that we can point you in the right direction.

How do I get a certificate for my landlord?

Believe it or not, betting a certificate is a breeze!  We have a member portal where you can log in and get your certificates in real time!  It takes you less time to enter the portal and request the certificate that it would for you to send an email with instructions on what you need.  That said, if your certificate requires special language or you aren’t sure of something the certificate holder is asking for, you can always contact us and we will issue it on our end immediately.  Getting a certificate is not something that should require you to wait for days on end.

YesNoSend Email